The 1/48 Grumman F-14A Tomcat Carrier Launch Set by Tamiya is a quality built remote controlled product.
This model kit recreates the Grumman F-14A Tomcat. The F-14A Tomcat U.S. Navy Fighter is famous for being the first mass-production and the most-produced model among the F-14 series. This kit realistically depicts the F-14A Tomcat (Late Model) - in service from the late 1980s to the early 2000s- with wings featuring separate flaps and slats. The kit includes one crew figure and paper flight deck sheet for use on a super realistic diorama set.
- Features fixed depiction of variable sweep wing supported by a single-piece part
- The kit depicts wings with deployed flaps and slats which can be attached to wing by support parts
- The catapult shuttle and one-piece holdback bar with its nose landing gear realistically depict the F-14A taking off from the carrier deck
- New nose landing gear part with retracted "kneeling'' shock absorber recreates the F-14A's takeoff stance
- A realistically recreated cockpit depicts late model ejector seat cushions, instrument panel and side console panels